30. august 2015

The Regent and the General: The Training Ground

I grabbed the collar of Illa’s dress and brought her face close to mine. “From now on I take care of Callie’s training!” I hissed angrily, before I let go and turned around to get to Callie. It wasn’t easy, since a large field around Callie was frozen. She was a lot more scared than before, because she had discovered what was going on with her. “Callie!” I yelled at her, but my voice drowned in the newly emerged wind. “Fucking great” I whispered under my breath. Not only was Callie’s water element out of control, now she was so freaked out that the wind has decided to join the game.

“CALLIE!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, and thanked myself for being so commanding over the guards, so that my voice would boom over the wind. And that worked, because Callie turned around and looked in my direction. I could see that she couldn’t focus on who I was or where I was standing. Her right arm was crossed over her chest, while the left one was clutching to her stomach, and I could see that she was breathing very rapidly. I knew those signs very well. “Callie!” I yelled again. This time she looked at me, and I hold my gaze to her, while I slowly walked over the ice. “Callie, listen to me” I saw her body stiffen due to the concentration of having to listen to my words. “You need to focus on my voice and come back to me”. She shook her head from side to side. “Just focus on my voice, Callie, and nothing else” I said calmly. I was only steps away from her when the wind suddenly stopped and the ice began to melt. It happened at the same time as Callie collapsed on her knees.

I didn’t waste my time and ran over to her. I took her head in my hands and looked her in the eyes to hold her focus on me. “Listen to my voice, Callie, and come back to me”
Slowly, but steady, I could see that she was starting to focus again, and I saw the relief in her eyes when she found out that it was me in front of her. She tried to talk, but I shushed her. “Don’t talk, just focus on my voice. You are going to be all right” I said, while my thumb automatically began to nuzzle her cheek. “I’m right here, love” I told her and didn't care about that I just had declared my love for her in a situation like this. But it didn’t matter at all when I saw the smile in her eyes and she silently whispered “I know, Megan”

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Giv ris eller ros til historien - rettelser modtages med kyshånd!